Biblical Counseling Training
Biblical Counseling of the East Valley (BCEV) is a Certified Training Center for the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors (ACBC).
We offer an introductory 30-hour training class, and then classes and conferences for advanced students.
I. Orientation to and Dynamics of Biblical Counseling
- Basics of Biblical Counseling
- The Need for Biblical Counseling
- The Definition and Goal of Biblical Counseling
- Progressive Sanctification
- Process of Biblical Change
- Qualifications of a Biblical Counselor
- Getting to Heart Issues
- Key Elements in Biblical Counseling
- Gathering Data
- Discerning Problems Biblically
- Establishing Involvement with Counselees
- Giving Hope
- Providing Instruction
- Giving Homework
II. Critical Reflection on Various Theories in Counseling
- Secular and Integration Theories
- What Makes Biblical Counseling Biblical?
III. Husband and Wife Relationships
- God’s Purpose for Marriage
- Roles of the Husband and Wife
- Biblical Sexuality
IV. Parent and Child Relationships
- Goal of Parenting
- Parental Instruction
- Parental Discipline
V. Frequent Issues in Counseling
- Guilt and Repentance
- Trials and Suffering
- Fear and Worry
- Sexual Sin
VI. Medical Issues in Counseling
- Physical Illness and Biblical Counseling
- Psychotropic Drugs and Biblical Counseling
Phase 1 Observation
BCEV offers a video observation class to fulfill the required 10 hours of Biblical Counseling observation.
BCEV offers a 13-hour class that will help prepare a student for the ACBC Certification Exam.
BCEV will offer classes to fulfill the classroom requirements for
ACBC Specialization Training.
BCEV will host conferences on particular topics of interest to those that are interested in Biblical Counseling.